W. C. Healey Memorial Competition
- Annual competition – preferably first meeting in March.
- Divisions (Bronze, Silver, Gold and Diamond) will not be recognized.
- Any digital submission may be used provided:
- it fits the categories.
- it has not previously been used in this competition.
- Those wishing to submit slide images must have them digitized first.
- Each entrant will enter four (4) images, one in each of the following categories:
- Land or Waterscape
|NOTE:||The category ‘Land or Waterscape’ is not limited to the definition of a
Nature Landscape or Waterscape. e.g. A city skyline is
Refer to Category Definitions for guidelines.
- Four entries for each entrant will be judged and the score for each entrant totaled.
- The entrant with the highest total score will be the winner.
- In case of a tie, the judges will view the entries that are tied and select a winner.
- The Welland Camera Club
executive may award special event ribbons to the runners-up as they
deem necessary or essential to the interest of the competition.
The winner shall receive the W. C. Healey Memorial Award Certificate and a first place ribbon.
rules are simple and basic. The categories are broad in scope and are
not to be made complex or confining at the request of the donors of
|NOTE:||Images must be submitted to the Competitions Director at least
one week prior to the competition date to allow time to prepare the
images for competition. |
See the section “Online Digital Entry”
Those without Internet access will be exempt and can use the method outlined in “Manual Digital Entry”